There are some special circumstances that grant students the ability to request permission to reschedule finals. Students may use this form to submit a request to reschedule a final exam due to bunched finals or because of extenuating circumstances.
All requests will be reviewed and students will be notified of the final decision by email. Requests to reschedule due to extenuating circumstances must include supporting documentation. Submitting an online rescheduling request does not guarantee approval.
Final Exam Rescheduling due to Bunched Finals:
- Click here for a comprehensive list of the final exams schedule for all UConn campuses.
- Bunched Finals Criteria:
- 2 finals scheduled at the same time
- 3 finals in one calendar day
- 3 finals in consecutive time blocks spanning parts of two consecutive days
- 4 finals in two consecutive days
- Click here for examples of bunched finals
Final Exam Rescheduling (Not Bunched Finals):
- Extenuating Circumstances: Students with extenuating circumstances are required to provide details of the extenuating circumstance preventing student from taking the final during the scheduled time slot. Supporting documentation is required.
- Examples of Extenuating Circumstances, include religious observances, previously scheduled medical procedures/appointments, and attendance to a funeral or other ceremonies in which student is directly involved in the event.
- Final exams will not be rescheduled due to personal errors, such as student oversleeping or misreading the final exam schedule.
- Final exams are generally not rescheduled due to voluntary travel that conflicts with the final exam schedule. Students are encouraged to check the final exam schedule before making travel plans.
- Students who have prior knowledge of a conflict (bunched finals, religious event/obligation, attendance to a funeral, court date, previously scheduled medical appointment, or other qualifying event) must submit a Final Exam Rescheduling Online Request.